Jump to Navigation

Your Rights and Responsibilities

Contact a California Workers' Compensation Attorney

If you have been hurt at work, you are probably facing a number of complicated questions and problems. You might be worried about whether your employer's insurance company will adequately compensate you for the full costs of your medical care and lost wages. If you are a maritime worker or work for a private contractor with the Armed Forces overseas, you might be wondering if you are eligible for compensation under the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act, the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (OCSLA), the Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities Act, the Defense Base Act/War Hazards Compensation Act, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or California workers' compensation.

Obtaining compensation for work injuries is a complex, daunting process, but you are not alone. At the Law Offices of Richard Mark Baker, we have more than 50 years of combined experience helping clients in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon and Washington obtain compensation for work-related injuries and long-term disabilities.

We help clients obtain compensation through:

Know Your Rights and Responsibilities

It is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible in the process. Although you have an obligation to report your injury promptly to your employer, you always have a right to seek legal counsel. When you call us right away, we can advise you during the initial stages of your workers' compensation claim to help you avoid costly pitfalls and mistakes.

If you have suffered work-related injuries or illnesses, you have the right to:

  • Obtain the medical care you need from the doctor or doctors of your choice
  • Obtain the financial compensation you need to cover the costs of your medical bills and lost wages
  • Retain legal counsel to assist you in every aspect of your claim
  • Make intelligent decisions regarding the integration of your pension with your injury compensation benefits and other forms of compensation

Your responsibilities include:

  • Reporting your injuries to the proper parties
  • Reporting only honest and accurate information regarding your accident and injuries
  • Protecting your interests

The Social Security Administration (SSA), the insurance companies and your employer will not go out of their way to make sure you receive adequate compensation. At the Law Offices of Richard Mark Baker, our lawyers have helped hundreds of clients obtain compensation for work-related injuries. We can help protect your interests throughout your claim.

Contact Long Beach Lawyers ∙ 562-628-9400

We offer free initial consultations. If you have become disabled due to an injury or illness, you can set up a consultation with one of our lawyers to learn about your legal options, your rights and your responsibilities, and to see if you are eligible for SSI. Call 562-628-9400 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer from our firm.

Hablamos español

Free Consultation:

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location:

Law Offices of Richard Mark Baker
115 Pine Avenue, Suite 300
Long Beach, CA 90802

Phone: 562-628-9400
Fax: 562-628-1617
Long Beach Law Office Map

State BAR of California / California Board of Legal Specialization